Pages

Tuesday 1 January 2013

Friends beyond Borders



W
e live in dynamic times, a world which changes in the blink of an eye. In such transient moments, the chance of survival of a relationship appears bleak. Today, where our own fathers and cousins rape, murder and stab our backs for their selfish needs, a bond of trust across border seems chimerical. We have come to believe that humanity has ceased to exist. We have fenced ourselves from the world, because it feels safer to do so. People have started to chain down feelings for one is never sure when it may be used against oneself. We have come to believe that humanity has ceased to exist. This delusion dissolved when I met a random female foreigner on a chatting site. Out of curiosity and with the thought of showing-off my elite PR network, I contacted her through a social network. Nowadays where Indians are being abused, murdered and attacked with hate speeches, her warm words and politeness were an instant attraction. With time, common interests helped us strike a match. Her concern, efforts to cheer me up, warm re-assurances and helpful tips instilled in me a feeling that she was a friend indeed – but beyond my reach. With course of time our friendship has blossomed and strengthened, we share secrets, aspirations and ambitions. Now I have someone to hear me out when no one’s listening, a friend who grieves with me, laughs on my jokes and guides me when I’m confused. She has been my confidante and I, her vitamin. Familiarity has replaced curiosity and glorification has replaced brandishing. Though I don’t know her in person, but my heart knows our friendship is genuine. Her words motivate me, her thoughts inspire. She keeps her promises and expresses her deep desires. She confides in a friendship that no walls can contain, no despotism can enslave. So, once again, I have come to believe that love exists, friendship and trust exist, humans and humanity exists – across borders. 

1 comment:

  1. It is rare to find a true friend these days. I wish that your friendship prospers and your hope in humanity remains alive.. Yes there is evil in the world, but there is good hidden somewhere too, you just have to find it.. you found it in your dear friend, so congrats :)

    ReplyDelete