Pages

Wednesday 18 September 2013

Life at present - A conflation of Addiction and Frustation

Frustration.


frustration

Its just a word. But this one word is powerful enough to destroy peace, poison one’s tongue and heart, and ruin relationships for a lifetime. Frustration stems from an array of things – lagging deadlines, incapacity or even laziness! 

Mine comes from a blend of laziness and distraction. Access to internet has, over time, made me an addict of online games – so much that I sacrifice my study hours thoughtlessly for the ephemeral joys of gaming. The Result – I’m constantly lagging behind, skipping deadlines and blaming others for my failures! I’m angry, unhappy, dissatisfied with myself – I know why, and yet I sit stubbornly staring into the laptop. I feel so frustrated with my present state that I start looking for distraction, which in turn further aggravates my situation. Every morning I wake up with a solemn resolve to stay away from games for the day, but by midday the resolution simply breaks like a bubble! If, by any chance, I open my book instead of laptop, I spend my entire precious time daydreaming, imagining my successful future and wishing that my dreams would come true!  My efforts to part away from gadgets are successful only when there is a long power cut in my locality!!



Prolonged period of stagnation has made me irritable. Even the slightest of odds turn me wild and bad-mouthed. What I need is a stronger will. Well, realization struck me a few hours ago and I have determined to change now – for good.

Hence, I made a short list of Things To Do:
  • First and foremost  - Uninstall wifi software!
  • Change my desktop background to inspirational pictures along with my deadline – BIG and BOLD
  • Write down all that I have to do/study and set the time limits.
  • Plan my day, where breaks will now be spent by listening to music instead of playing games
  • Meet some "real" people to actually get some motivation.

Though I’ll have to toil harder to get back on track, I should be able to get there in a week, what do you say??

Pictures courtesy Internet.

2 comments:

  1. All the best! You will get more time for other things in your life if you get free of this habit. :) Gaming is addictive, so one should be very aware and cautious about its effects.. Nice start! All the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha...who would know it better than you! I'm trying my best! :)

      Delete